Wednesday, November 21, 2007
Deja-vu?
Well, another Western Final is in the books, and once again it was a less than desirable result. It was like a deja-vu really. The only differences between this year's and last are the winner and the amount won by. Otherwise, this game was a spitting image of last year's game. Last year, the Riders made the turnovers and the Lions turned them into touchdowns. This year, the Lions were guilty of giving away the free-bees and the Riders made them pay, although mostly with fieldgoals. The Riders looked like the hungry team and the Lions seemed disinterested at times. How else can someone expain a team that lead the league by a large margin in the giveaway/takeaway ratio, to have a complete meltdown and turn the ball over five times without taking it away once. I will give a little credit to the Riders, as they did play a decent game, but even with all the mistakes the Lions made, they still had a chance to win the game with three minutes to go. So I get to use a line from the Rider fan hand book and say "wait till next year". Rider fans don't know how good they have it. When your team is never expected to go anywhere, you don't get to upset when they don't, but on the other hand, when your team is so successful(as are the Lions)it is a little tougher to accept a loss, especially to a team like the Riders. Even so, I'd still rather be a Lions fan any day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Any team that makes their cheerleaders wear mustaches deserves to be beaten:D
Nice poll... speculating on what may happen in the Grey cup final. Yes, thats right the final. I guess if that is how you cope with the fact that your team isn't there then go ahead. I hope it helps to take away the bitter sting of defeat for you. I'd vote in your poll but I wouldn't want to interfere with your family fun. I've got another suggested answer for your poll though; H. Not worried, confident it ain't going to happen.
DK
Hey, DK. If you didn't vote in my poll, where did the two A. votes come from? You know nobody reads this blog but you. LOL
And really, you should be confident, afterall, playing in the Grey Cup must come naturally to the Riders aas they have so much expeience doing so. (once again, LOL)
WOO HOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
DK
Post a Comment