Monday, November 12, 2007

Gonna Be A Battle!!

Well, it is going to be the game that alot of people have been waiting for for a long time. The Riders and Lions squaring off for the third time in four years in the West Division Final. For most people, this is the game they wanted, and likewise for the league to showcase itself, having the two best teams face off is the best way to show what our league has to offer in way of exciting football.
It should be an interesting week, as both teams prepare for what should be one of the best games of the season. Although it isn't as exciting, I do HOPE that the Lions can repeat what they did to the Riders last year. Do I THINK they will? No. I do think they will still win, but not quite the way they did last year. (45-18) Hoping for a certain result and thinking it will actually happen are two different things. Definitely going to be a game to watch, whether you are a Lions fan, a Riders fan, or just a football fan. The law of averages is definitely in the Riders favour, as they have lost in the western final the last two times they have played the Lions.
And was there a better advertisment for the CFL than those two semi-final games yesterday? I think not. CFL football puts NFL to shame when it comes to excitement factor.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm excited about the results of the two semi-finals on the weekend. I agree its a great advertisement for the CFL. I will say this; The CFL is showing itself as a second class league by its officiating and league managenent. What kind of a punishment is it when a player can be suspended for dirty play and then appeal the suspension and continue to play. It was bad enough to watch it happen in the middle of the season with a cellar dweller team ( Edm's A.J Gass). Now we see it happen again. This time the Lions will be able to play suspended player (Jimenez)right through the playoffs (if they beat the Riders) and have him serve his one game suspension at the start of next year. That is a joke.
I'm just hoping that the result of this poor decision by the CFL and the fact that BC will be playing the crowd noise through their speakers does not affect the outcome of Sunday's game.
Just a couple of my "beefs" of the CFL.

Right Between The Lions said...

I do agree that, whether Lions player or not, the whole suspension procedure is a bit of a joke. On the other hand, the urban legend of artificial crowd noise in B.C.Place is getting a little old. If they have been doing this, they would have been fined or penalized in the past. I think this is just a handy excuse for opposing teams (and their fans) to use when they lose there. But if it helps them sleep at night then so be it.
Hopefully this game is determined by the players and not the officials, as this is probably the actual Grey Cup.

Anonymous said...

not much of a battle!

DK