Well, Well, Well. What can I say? Just when I had been almost convinced by local media that this will definately be the Riders year, becase they were undefeated this late in the season afterall, (lol) I have been disappointed once again. I was all ready to jump the Rider bandwagon when suddenly it blew a tire. What the heck happened to this seemingly invicible team? Oh yeah, the defending champs came to town and showed them just how far they are from contending. After having trouble winning at the nut house, formally known as Mosaic Stadium, over the past few years, the dirty, classless B.C. Lions managed to squeak out a win on Friday the 13th. By all accounts, the game sounded fairly scary for those beloved Riders. Although they did achieve some priority team goals, namely injuring the oppositions QB's, and they seemed quite proud of that achievement. Just too bad that they forgot about the Lions depth at that position. I can't believe how the Lions are known to supposedly be the dirtiest players in the league, and then someone like the overatted Fred Perry of the Riders, can take a free head shot at one of the leagues premier QB's in Dave Dickenson and get away with it. If that was a hit on Kerry Joseph, the Ridernation would be lobbying for a lengthy suspension.
But no worries, for fear of sounding like sour grapes, after the sound whipping the Leos gave the Riders, it's all good. Just wish I could have been there in person to witness the massacre. Nothing beats watching the Riders get pounded, except watching the Riders get pounded at Mosaic Stadium.
Now if we could just somehow parlay that score into election results next time around I think we come up four seats short to fill the Legislature. Ah we can let the NDP's have 16 I suppose. Don't forget, of all the many Grey Cup Champion teams that the Riders have fielded over the years(2), none of them have won while a socialist party was in power in Saskatchewan. And that's as much support as the Riders will get from me.
Sunday, July 15, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I almost felt sorry forry the Lions watching them helplessy struggle against the Tigercats and squeezing out a 4 point win lol.
That's good,but I didn't feel the least bit sorry watching the Riders choke against the Eskimos.
Riders=21 Lions=9 Feels good! So much for the Riders being "far from contending". Better hope that Dikenson can get his head screwed back on staight soon cause I didn't see much of that "depth at quarterback" on Thurs. night.
oh dear looks like the mighty are falling. 2 straight losses, giving up sole possesion of first in the west. Whats happening to those great leos?
just wondering why you haven't posted anything after the lions last two games. Not ashamed of your team, are you?
PS. Feel free to post my comments on your blog site.
oh-oh... there goes first place in the west. are you getting scared yet? the lions are looking pretty shaky and those pesky Riders are looking stronger all the time. still waiting for you to make another post to try to explain whats happening to the leos. if you are to embarassed to post about your lions why don't you post my comments to your blog?
Post a Comment