Sunday, May 20, 2007

An Inconvenient Farce

Well, every once in a while, a person is forced to change the way they think when new facts or evidence on a subject are revealed. That is what happened to me this weekend. I have always believed that this fuss over global warming has been a bit overplayed, but now I am convinced that it has to be true. What else would explain the events of the last few days here.
For as long as I can remember, there has never been snow like this in May, let alone May 18th. But that is the case this year. How else can it be explained other than it is global warming.
Now I'm not trying to scare anyone, but I am just so glad that I have now been informed. I will try do do everything in my power to help change things form the better. I am going to sell my vehicle and get a horse, that should help. And I am going to try and encourage people to breath less often to cut down on that terrible, nasty pollutant carbon dioxide. Oh yeah, and did I mention that I am going to hug every tree that I can because I know that without them we are doomed.
As you may have sensed a tad of sarcasm in this post, it is because I think global warming is a gigantic farce and a waste of time to even discuss. For who does man think he is to say that he can alter the course of the world. Sure, we need to be smart and not wasteful, but to completely shut down our way of living on the off chance that it will make a significant change in the course of nature is ridiculous. So if you ever wanted to give money to a useless cause, here it is. Al Gore and Davad Suzuki can use your money to fly and bus all over the world in their highly polluting transportation to tell you how you shouldn't be doing the same. Sounds like an inconvenient farce to me.

No comments: